Just a few days ago, we brought you word that the Samsung SGH-i537 could very well be the waterproof version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active that is headed for AT&T, and in this brand new week, we have reliable information that the rugged version of the flagship Samsung Galaxy S4 is headed to Bluetooth SIG to pick up its certification. It has already appeared for certification at the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), and it seems that Samsung does see some value in rolling out a smartphone that is water resistant, somewhat in the same vein as that of the Sony Xperia Z and Xperia ZR.
In fact, it was just last week that there was a different Galaxy S4 variant, known as the Galaxy S4 Zoom, that made an appearance over at the Bluetooth SIG website which was undergoing certification. Rumor has it that the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active will come with a 16-megapixel camera coupled with a 10x optical zoom, and has picked up the model designation GT-i9295 with whispers of a late June release later this year.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2013-12-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Receives Snapdragon 800 Chipset
- 2013-10-28: Lower-specced Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I8580) Leaked
- 2013-09-10: Korean Samsung Galaxy S4 Active To Arrive With Snapdragon 800 Processor In October
- 2013-08-13: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Review