With many customers around the world now able to pick up the Samsung Galaxy S4 on their wireless carrier of choice, as well as Google’s unlocked version of the smartphone starting on June 26, we think it’s safe to assume Samsung is feeling pretty confident in how well its latest device will perform. In fact, we think now would be the ideal time for one of the company’s co-CEOs to start throwing out numbers of how many devices they believe they’ll sell by next week, and that’s exactly what is being reported today.
Samsung Electronics co-CEO Shin Jong-kyun spoke with the Korea Times this week saying the Galaxy S4 is on track to sell over 10 million units by next week. This would make the latest Galaxy S device the fastest-selling smartphone in the company’s history considering the Galaxy S3 took a total of 50 days to pass the 10 million sales mark.
Even though a good majority of people in the U.S. can pick up the Samsung Galaxy S4, let’s not forget Verizon customers are still without their version of the device, although it’s expected to arrive on May 23. Maybe that will be the push Samsung needs to sell over 10 million units, although if it isn’t, we’re sure its availability will skyrocket Samsung’s sales numbers.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-10-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Exynos 5 Octa Devices Get Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-10-17: Samsung Galaxy S4 Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-06-27: Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4 Might Not Be Getting Its Updates Directly From Google
- 2013-06-12: AT&T Galaxy S4 Kernel Source Code Released
- 2013-05-22: Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition Will Be Available In U.S. Only