Is there really a need for a Google Edition of a particular smartphone? Certain quarters think so, which is why it is whispered that there might very well be a Google Edition of the latest Samsung flagship, the Galaxy S4, which will be announced at Google I/O tomorrow. We do know that the chances of seeing a new Nexus smartphone unveiled at Google I/O is about as slim as mankind establishing tours to planet Mars on the cheap in the next two decades, but a Google Edition of the Samsung Galaxy S4 running on stock Android? That will certainly see some folks perk their ears up for sure.
In terms of hardware, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a surefire winner at this point in time, ranging from its 5” Full HD display to a fabulous camera, but Samsung’s custom version of the Android platform is not everyone’s cup of tea, so the rumored Google Edition of the Galaxy S4 could very well fix that situation, where if true, you will not only be able to enjoy a non-Nexus stock Android device, but also one that sports the sought after removable battery design and expandable storage. Do you think a Google Edition of the Galaxy S4 is nigh?
- 2014-04-14: Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2013-06-28: Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition Android 4.3 ROM Available
- 2013-06-27: Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4 Might Not Be Getting Its Updates Directly From Google
- 2013-06-26: Galaxy S4, HTC One Google Edition Available Today [Update]
- 2013-06-26: Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One Google Edition
- 2013-05-22: Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition Will Be Available In U.S. Only