Samsung currently has cameras that are powered by Android, but what about an Android phone with a powerful camera? Well according to the folks at SamMobile, they claim that according to their sources, they have been tipped off that Samsung’s camera Android phone will be called the Galaxy S4 Zoom. This device will allegedly sport a 16MP sensor which is about 3MP larger than the Galaxy S4, which coincidentally is the same size as the Galaxy Camera device they revealed in IFA last year.
According to the alleged specs, the Galaxy S4 Zoom will sport a 4.3” qHD display, 8GB of internal storage with support for microSD card for memory expansion, and will run on Android 4.x Jelly Bean. Processor specs remain unknown, but given the trend in the industry these days, assuming dual or quad-core would be a safe bet. SamMobile claims that the Galaxy S4 Zoom will be announced before the summer of 2013. For those who sat out on the Galaxy Camera because it didn’t have calling capabilities, we guess this device, if true, could be for you, but take it with a grain of salt for now.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 928 Confirmed In Magazine Ad
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2013-11-10: Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom Now Available From AT&T
- 2013-11-04: AT&T Galaxy S4 Zoom Launches November 8th For $199 On Contract
- 2013-10-16: EVLeaks Show Off Galaxy S4 Zoom For AT&T
- 2013-09-29: Nokia Lumia 1020 Ad Pokes Fun At Samsung
- 2013-08-12: Nokia Lumia 1020 VS Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom