It is a known fact that there are countless apps available for mobile devices that run on the Android platform. Google Play Store is home to a plethora of apps of all categories, and new apps are submitted in huge numbers every single day. However, the quality of these apps may be called in to question. Google doesn’t have strict rules like Apple does for apps that wish to be listed on its store, so quite a lot of mediocre apps get listed as well. In order to have its own edge in the app ecosystem, Samsung has announced a new app contest for developers all around the globe. The idea is to create apps that are exclusive to Samsung’s Galaxy devices, 10 winners will be selected among which the $800,000 prize money will be distributed.
Samsung wants third party developers on primarily focus on apps that work with its Group Play feature. This feature was detailed at the Galaxy S4 event, it essentially allows users to share content such as music, photos and games between multiple devices, simultaneously. Developers who might be willing to submit their creations need to know that all entries must be for free apps, not paid ones. In-app advertising and purchases are not off limits.
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2013-10-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Exynos 5 Octa Devices Get Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-10-17: Samsung Galaxy S4 Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-06-27: Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4 Might Not Be Getting Its Updates Directly From Google
- 2013-06-12: AT&T Galaxy S4 Kernel Source Code Released
- 2013-05-22: Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition Will Be Available In U.S. Only