Japanese company Sharp was recently rumored to ramp up production of iPhone 5S displays when June 2013 rolls around, in addition to entering a strategic alliance with South Korean conglomerate Samsung recently. Well, here we are with word that Sharp is currently working on producing HiDPI IGZO LCD panels, where these panels have been touted to deliver the highest pixel density of any display that Sharp has ever made to date.
There will be three types of IGZO LCD panels which boast of pixel densities that rank among the highest in the industry, and production is scheduled to kick off in June with the target market being notebook PCs, where they will arrive in 11.6 inches, 14 inches, and 15.6 inches. Not only that, there is also word that a 13.3 inch panel is also in the pipeline. Just to get some context on what an IGZO panel is all about, you can read about some of its past here. It is said that the new 14-inch panel will boast of a pixel density of 262 ppi, which so happens to be 1.67 times the number of pixels of 1080P HD displays. The future looks bright for Sharp, don’t you think so?RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Follow: igzo, lcd, sharp,
- Seen at: electronista