If you’re in the market for a new Bluetooth headset, Sony Mobile has announced the SBH50 which was announced alongside the Xperia ZR just yesterday. The headset is essentially a sequel to the company’s Smart Wireless Headset Pro, and as you can see, it hasn’t really changed that much in terms of its design, but then again the changes are largely under the hood. For instance the SBH50 will feature NFC capabilities, allowing it to be paired with a smartphone simply by tapping them together, and considering that Sony has made a great deal of effort marketing its Smart Tags, we guess Sony users might welcome the NFC functionality.
The headset will also sport an OLED display that will show notifications such as messages, and will come with built-in FM radio, and will also apparently be able to support two devices at the same time! One of the potential uses would be to listen to your friend’s music collection on their NFC device without having to share earphones which can be a little gross for some people. No word on pricing or availability as the Sony Mobile website simply states that it is “Coming soon”.
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2009-09-09: Sony DRC-BT30P Series Bluetooth handsfree line
- 2010-06-04: Sony Ericsson Unveils Its VH410 And VH110 GreenHeart Bluetooth Headsets
- 2010-11-03: Sony LiveView Bluetooth Android Accessory Coming to UK in Nov.
- 2010-11-08: Sony offers new Bluetooth Headset for PS3