So, you have been keeping an eye out (or perhaps both of your eyes as well as ears) for the Sony Xperia SP to hit the deck, but for folks who have that kind of unquestionable brand loyalty to UK operator O2 might not be too happy to hear that the Sony Xperia SP that they carry will not be accompanied by a charger right out of the box. The reason behind this is, O2 UK has been pushing a campaign to stop the inclusion of chargers with smartphones, where O2’s ‘Charger out of the Box’ scheme intends to see the end result of avoiding waste. So far, their research points to an amazing 70% of customers who already own chargers that are compatible with their spanking new smartphones, leaving approximately 100 million unused chargers lying in UK homes and offices.
In fact, O2 UK has confirmed that their Sony Xperia SP (C530X) will not come bundled with a charger, but rather, it will only include a micro USB cable to juice up the smartphone’s battery via a computer or using an existing charger. O2 UK will still supply one such charger if you absolutely need one of these puppies. Does the lack of a charger bother you when you bring home a pristine new handset?
Next Story: Mail For Exchange Arrives On Nokia Asha Handsets
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-11: Sony Xperia SP Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-12-26: Sony Xperia SP Andorid 4.3 Update Release Expected Soon
- 2013-07-25: Sony Announce Devices That Will Receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update