A lot has already been said and written about Sony’s upcoming mobile device, the Xperia Tablet Z. This Android powered tablet was previously expected to be released in the U.S. towards the end of this month. Today via a press release Sony announced that its retail and operator partners around the globe will now be offering this device for sale. While Sony U.S. online store still lists it in the pre-order stage, major resellers Amazon and Newegg have listed May 24 and May 25 as the dates they’ll respectively have the device in stock.
The 16GB and 32GB Wi-Fi models come with price tags of $499 and $599. Sony mentions in the press release that the 4G variant will be available as well, but the company’s online store does not currently list the cellular version of this tablet. Considered by many as a premium Android tablet, the Xperia Tablet Z touts a quadcore 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, 2GB of RAM and Adreno 320 graphics-processing-unit or GPU. Coming in at just 6.9mm, Sony claims this device is the thinnest and lightest in the category of 10-inch tablets that are waterproof. So who is picking one up?
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-03-19: Sony Xperia Ultra, Z1 And Z1 Compact To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Updates
- 2014-02-27: Android 4.4 KitKat Arriving On Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra And Z1 Compact
- 2013-05-17: Sony XPERIA Z Tablet With Stock Android And Unlocked, For Development
- 2013-03-25: Wi-Fi Sony Xperia Tablet Z Pops Up At FCC