We recently caught a glimpse of the Sony Xperia UL thanks to a leaked image of the smartphone circulating the Web just a few days ago. It looks like we didn’t have to wait long to hear Sony’s official announcement for the handset as they unveiled the Xperia UL today.
The Xperia UL features a 1.5GHz quad-core processor, a 5-inch 1080p display, Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB of RAM, 13MP rear-facing camera and looks to be a slightly thicker version of the Xperia Z. Just like the Xperia Z, the Xperia UL will be both water and dust resistant, but the device will also offer the ability of taking burst photos of up to 15 frames per second as well as coming with a dedicated camera button and a wide range of connectivity, such as NFC, DLNA and an IR-port.
Unfortunately for us in the U.S., the Sony Xperia UL has only been announced in Japan at this time and will be available on KDDi on May 25 in pink, white and black color variants. Hopefully Sony has plans to make its Xperia UL available to markets outside of Japan as it seems like it’s quite the solid smartphone.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2012-02-03: Sony Ericsson Xperia NX up for pre-order next week
- 2012-01-12: Sony Xperia arco HD and Xperia NX announced for Japan
- 2011-10-13: Sony to release 3G Tablet S, Tablet P in Japan 28th October
- 2011-09-13: Sony Android Walkman Z Series will be launched in Japan