There is something about rugged smartphones, where you know for sure that it is capable of taking in the different knocks that a smartphone tends to go through in its lifetime. Of course, there are some of us who so happen to be more of a butterfingers than others, and we have successfully (to my dismay) drowned some of these handsets in the past either due to negligence or carelessness. The recently announced Sony Xperia ZR (which will not make its way to certain countries) is said to be available from the end of June onwards.
Wherever it is going to be launched, the Sony Xperia ZR is said to cost approximately €400, although there is also word that there the new Xperia ZR will roll out in the Netherlands for approximately €479 in July. Folks living in Belgium as well as the Nordic countries ought to have the smartphone at about the same time. Sony too, wants you to win an Xperia ZR on Facebook. You will be able to enter this competition by May 27th, where all you need to do is to answer a question, and talk about how the Xperia ZR will “play a role at your perfect pool party.” So far, the Terms and Conditions of the contest do point to the Xperia ZR having an approximate value of €400.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented