Ubisoft has kept the Splinter Cell: Blacklist content flowing ever since they announced the game would be delayed until August 20. We recently saw a gameplay video highlighting the Ghost, Panther and Assault play styles as well as a video highlighting what makes the Wii U version of the game so special. Today, Ubisoft has released another video which not only confirms Spies vs. Mercs multiplayer will make its triumphant return to the Splinter Cell series, but it also shows the mode in action.
As it seems to be the major theme in Splinter Cell: Blacklist, the use of light and shadow also seems to play an important role in Spies vs. Mercs mode. The video shows us a number of tools both sides will use in order to complete their objective, with the Spies being able to use smoke grenades and a cloaking ability, while the Mercenaries will rely on their motion tracker, flashlight as well as an explodable drone.
Towards the end of the video, we see a Mercenary surrounding by four spies who decloak around him, which leads us to believe the mode will allow 4v4 matches, rather than the 2v2 the previous Spies vs. Mercs mode was capable of.
Next Story: Google Glass Now Has A Reddit Application
- 2014-04-07: Watch Dogs' Recommended Specs Leaked On Steam
- 2013-05-21: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Co-Op Mode Highlighted In New Trailer
- 2013-05-02: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Bringing Back Spies vs. Mercs Multiplayer Mode
- 2013-04-23: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Highlights Wii U Exclusive Gameplay In New Trailer
- 2013-04-10: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Confirmed For Wii U To Launch On August 20
- 2013-03-22: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Video Highlights 'Ghost', 'Panther' and 'Assault' Play Styles