While 3D printers are cool and have pretty useful features, both medical and novel, we’re not sure if the casual user has ever though that it would be cool to have one at home. Well we guess if you ever thought differently, the good news is that you can now buy a 3D printer of your own from none other than Staples, who is currently the first major retailer in the US to offer 3D printers to the mass market.
The printer that Staples will offer is the Cube (pictured above), and with it being one of the more accessible printers available for consumers, it was one of the reasons that Staples decided to go with the model. The Cube printer will come fully assembled out of the box and will play nice with both Windows and Mac operating systems. The printer will also be capable of printing objects sized 5.5” x 5.5” x 5.5” in 16 different colors, with templates already available, or additional ones which can be downloaded or made on the included software.
The Cube printer is not cheap and is priced at $1,299.99, but if you think that the price is justified, you can order one from Staples’ website now.RELATED
- Power Practical Announces PowerPot X And PowerPot XL
- Digital Foci Announces Picture Porter Advanced
- Palette Is A Set Of Modular Controls For The Working Professional
- RUNSAFER Shoes Let You Know You’re Doing It Right (Or Wrong)
- Google Glass With Prescription Glass Spotted
- Follow: 3d printer, cube,
- Seen at: gizmag