Having an electric car has its advantages as well as disadvantages, and the folks over at Tesla Motors Inc. figure out that one way to combat the disadvantage of electric cars in terms of range would be to install a rapid charging network for its range of electric cars so that drivers will be able to ride in style (and keeping those Greenpeace activists at bay, too) all the way from Los Angeles to New York, or at least this is the vision that Elon Musk, Tesla’s chief executive officer and biggest shareholder, has shared.
This means Tesla would work on expanding their network of fast-charging stations to major U.S. and Canadian metropolitan areas for its Model S, making that particular ride a more viable alternative compared to gasoline-fueled cars. Right now, California and the Northeast US has fueling spots for the Tesla Model S, but the company wants to broaden appeal for their rides to customers beyond those areas. It would be interesting to see just how this undertaking is going to pan out in the end, and will it encourage the take up of electric cars in the future?
Next Story: Google Calendar For Android Updated
- 2014-04-14: Tesla Model S Owners Hack Own Cars, Discover Ubuntu
- 2014-03-30: Tesla Vehicles Can Be Hacked To Unlock The Car Remotely
- 2014-03-28: Tesla Installs Titanium Shield Under Its Cars To Prevent Battery Fires
- 2014-03-11: New Jersey Bans Tesla’s Direct Sales Model
- 2014-03-06: Tesla Plans Major Supercharger Network Expansion For Europe