BlackBerry currently only has two new smartphones to offer that run on its latest BB 10 OS. The company had previously confirmed that they will be releasing a number of new devices this year, including entry-level and mid-range smartphones. While rumors of a BlackBerry 10 powered tablet have been floating, we’ve seen the company maintain different product lineups in the past, such as the Curve and Bold. The first rumor of this BlackBerry 10 R-Series smartphone was actually a sketch by someone who had seen the device. Then this alleged smartphone was spotted in white, red and now it has been spotted in black as well.
Some unconfirmed specifications for the R10 have also been revealed. The smartphone might have a 3.1 inch display with a 720×720 resolution, 8 GB of internal storage, 2GB RAM, 5 megapixel camera on the back, 1800 mAh battery and BlackBerry 10.1 OS. Will this smartphone ever see the light of day? That remains to be seen. For what its worth, the handset in these leaks just might be a prototype of a smartphone that shares similar design aesthetics. The company’s CEO said a couple of weeks back that their new products will be fantastic, does the alleged R10 look like it is? [photos via DGtle]
Next Story: Acer Iconia A1 Hands On Review
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung