It was just a few weeks ago when 2K Games and Firaxis revealed their XCOM first-person shooter was not only still in production, but it was just a few months away from being released. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is expected to be released on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on August 30 and today, 2K Games has released the first video that shows what its gameplay will look like.
Judging by the short snippets of gameplay in this newly released video, we can certainly tell The Bureau: XCOM Declassified will be a third-person shooter instead of its originally expected first-person shooter origins. It also seems your agents will be able to take cover when they’re caught in the middle of a firefight with aliens as well as issue orders to squad mates, based on one of the agents’ hand signals during the video.
Both 2K Games and Firaxis have yet to disclose how exactly The Bureau will play and if we can expect the same amount of micromanaging we all know the XCOM franchise for, but with this title’s release just three months away, we’re sure we’ll hear more about it in the coming weeks.
Next Story: Man Sells Personal Information On Kickstarter
- 2013-10-23: XCOM: Enemy Within Gets Game Changing Additions
- 2013-09-02: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC “Too Big” For Consoles
- 2013-07-31: XCOM: Enemy Within Title Leaked
- 2013-07-17: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Latest Trailer Shows Squad-Based Gameplay
- 2013-05-13: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Gameplay Trailer Gives Just A Taste Of Action
- 2013-04-26: XCOM FPS Becomes 'The Bureau: XCOM Declassified'; Releasing August 20