ABC looks like it won’t be the only television channel to offer an application making it possible for viewers to watch live TV on their mobile devices as Time Warner is now looking to stream some of its channels as well.
Time Warner’s TNT and TBS are being planned to be streamable online across multiple devices starting this summer. Like ABC’s offering, those looking to watch TBS and TNT will need to be subscribers to these channels in order to watch their respective online streams. This certainly can be seen as a down side for potential cord cutters, but offering a completely free online stream of these channels probably would work against Time Warner, especially if they can’t track how many users are watching a live stream.
Currently, both TBS and TNT have their own respective iOS and Android applications, but at this time they only allow subscribers to watch on-demand clips and full episodes. Being able to watch a live stream of these channels would be a great first step into more television channels offering online feeds of their channels.
- iOS Device Combined With Logitech Alert Gives You A Home Security System
- Apple Clinched 19.5 Percent Of Global PC And Tablet Market In Q4 2013
- Apple A8 Chip Suppliers Reportedly Confirmed
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web