ABC looks like it won’t be the only television channel to offer an application making it possible for viewers to watch live TV on their mobile devices as Time Warner is now looking to stream some of its channels as well.
Time Warner’s TNT and TBS are being planned to be streamable online across multiple devices starting this summer. Like ABC’s offering, those looking to watch TBS and TNT will need to be subscribers to these channels in order to watch their respective online streams. This certainly can be seen as a down side for potential cord cutters, but offering a completely free online stream of these channels probably would work against Time Warner, especially if they can’t track how many users are watching a live stream.
Currently, both TBS and TNT have their own respective iOS and Android applications, but at this time they only allow subscribers to watch on-demand clips and full episodes. Being able to watch a live stream of these channels would be a great first step into more television channels offering online feeds of their channels.
- 2014-02-13: Comcast And Time Warner Cable Merged
- 2013-12-17: TWC TV App On The Xbox 360 Gets Video On Demand (VOD)
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-17: Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-05-15: Time Warner Streaming TNT, TBS On Multiple Devices Starting This Summer
- 2013-04-26: Smart Pajamas Use Dots To Read Bedtime Stories On Your iOS, Android Devices
- 2013-04-15: YouTube For iOS App Adds Live Streaming Support
- 2013-03-01: Angry Birds Developer Releasing The Croods Mobile Game On iOS, Android
- 2013-02-01: Time Warner, Apple In Negotiations To Add HBO Go To Apple TV This Year
- 2012-09-23: Time Warner subscribers report Xbox Live connectivity issues