When unreleased or heavily rumored devices stop by the FCC, that’s the Federal Communications Commission for those who don’t know, it means that an official announcement by the manufacturer itself isn’t that far off. Toshiba has a new tablet that was first spotted back in February, apparently carrying the AT10LE-A moniker for now, this unreleased tablet has turned up at the FCC for approval. It was rumored that Toshbia AT10LE-A touts a 1.8GHz NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor, the FCC filing reveals the same, along with details pointing towards Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/b/ac, NFC and Bluetooth 4.0 support.
This 10.1 inch tablet will apparently come with Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean installed. There have also been rumors of a mini HDMI output, stereo speakers and a microSD card slot. The AT10LE-A looks like a codename of sorts, I doubt that it will be publicly released with such a complicated name. Toshiba hasn’t announced any plans of unveiling a new tablet any time soon, so we’ll have to wait until the do inform us of such plans. Though considering that FCC approval process has already begun, that shouldn’t take much time.
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter