The recently announced Sony Xperia ZR which looks set to continue from where the not-so-old Sony Xperia Z left off, touting both water- and dust-resistant features as well, will be released pretty soon, although a trio of countries is said to miss out on this particular smartphone. The three (unfortunate) countries would be the UK, Germany and France, making us wonder why this is the case as I am quite sure that there are fans of this particular smartphone out there. Having used the Sony Xperia Z for a while now, I can vouch for its water-resistant capability, and would come in handy in the UK which tends to get a whole lot more rain than one would actually like.
For folks living in France, this news is more or less certain, since word of it came about by the good people over at Sony France itself. As for the UK, the only whispers of that country not getting the Xperia ZR came from an online retailer, who happens to say that they have had a word with Sony representatives already. Perhaps the Xperia ZR is being pushed to selected markets only in order not to cannibalize on the sales of their current flagship, the Xperia Z.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark