We reported yesterday that ABC was going to launch its TV live stream app for iOS, soon. This app will allow residents of New York and Philadelphia to watch local programming on their iOS devices, while ABC confirmed that the service will be made available to an additional six cities by the end of summer. Today, the Watch ABC app for live TV streaming was made available, and it can now be downloaded from iTunes App Store.
The service will only be available to paying customers of cable and satellite providers, who will be able to watch local programming from WABC-TV in New York and WPVI in Philadelphia. The Watch ABC app comes with a “live” button, tapping on which will bring up the live stream for either one of the channels mentioned. KABC-TV of Los Angeles, WLS-TV of Chicago, KGO-TV of San Francisco, KTRK-TV of Houston, WTVD-TV of Raleigh-Durham and KFSN-TV of Fresno will also be added to the service recently. Over the next couple of months, ABC Stations in 13 markets, such as Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee and Boston, owned by Hearst will be added as well. The Watch ABC app is available as a free download.
Next Story: Siri Update Tells You To Keep Queries Short
- 2014-04-09: Interactive TV Bus Is World’s First
- 2014-03-20: 8K TV Broadcast Testing In Japan To Begin By 2016
- 2014-03-10: LG 2014 TV Lineup Introduced In South Korea
- 2014-03-04: Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- 2014-01-23: NHK In Japan Tests 8K Video Broadcast
- 2013-07-01: Watch ABC Live TV App Now Requires Cable Subscription
- 2013-05-31: Watch ABC Live TV Streaming App Available For Kindle Fire, Not Google Play
- 2013-05-13: ABC TV Live Stream App Reportedly Launching This Week
- 2013-04-30: Nielsen Will Soon Launch Program That Counts Internet TV Viewers
- 2013-03-19: ABC Developing Live-Streaming App Which You Can Watch Anywhere