Microsoft has already confirmed that the much rumored Windows Blue update a.k.a Windows 8.1 will be releasing this summer. The company has made this update free for everyone running Windows 8, which some believe is a very bold move on its part. One can’t help but wonder exactly when Microsoft is going to announce a Windows Blue type update for its Windows Phone 8 mobile OS? It is being said that such an update for WP can’t be expected until 2014.
Mary Jo Foley of ZDNet is reporting that three incremental Windows Phone updates will be released this year, which will lay the groundwork for a substantial update to follow in 2014. These updates will reportedly bring CalDAV and CardDAV support so that Windows Phone 8 devices continue to work with Google calendar and contact syncing. One such update is said to bring back FM radio, only yesterday it came to light that Windows Phone 8 Amber update brings back that functionality. As far as the 2014 update is concerned, it is too soon right now to speculate as to what major changes Microsoft might be making to its mobile operating system.RELATED
- Windows 8 Threshold Could Bring Back Full Start Menu Experience [Rumor]
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Mac Pro Could Be Getting Ready For Production, According To Recent Flextronics Hirings
- iPhone 5S vs iPhone 5 Hardware Compared In New Photos [Rumor]
- Updated Retina MacBook Pro Rumored To Be Delayed Until October
- Follow: Microsoft, windows 8.1, windows blue, windows phone 8,