The struggle for top spot continues where video game consoles in the US are concerned, as Microsoft’s Xbox 360 has once again topped sales charts in that part of the world for the month of April, although the figures do show that year-on-year sales of the Xbox 360 has been going south. According to numbers supplied by the NPD Group, the Xbox 360 managed to end up in 130,000 new homes and dorm rooms, which would make it the 28th straight month that the Xbox 360 has outsold its competitors.
130,000 certainly pales in comparison when you take into consideration the 236,000 figure that was racked up by Microsoft in April last year. I guess after 7 years in the market, the legs under the Xbox 360 are starting to give way, not to mention that folks are ready and waiting for the next generation Xbox to be revealed officially in later this month. In fact, GamesIndustry.biz claimed that retail sales for the entire game industry in the US suffered a rather massive blow in the month of April, where total revenues (hardware, software and accessories included) amounted to a mere $495.2 million, which is 25% less than the corresponding period in 2012.
Next Story: Sharp Gets To Work On HiDPI IGZO LCD Panels
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-03-15: Xbox 360 Spring Value Bundle Announced
- 2014-02-06: The Wolf Among Us Xbox 360 Season Pass Issue Irks Customers
- 2013-12-16: Shoot Many Robots Free On Xbox 360 Through Games With Gold
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360