China is starting to emerge as a force to be reckoned with when it comes to new smartphones that are easy on the pocket, and they do seem to offer some decent competition to the makes and models from South Korea. Well, Xiaomi might not be a household name just yet, although their Xiaomi X2S has managed to rack up its sales figures in a pretty swift manner, and word on the street has it that Xiaomi has plans for an upcoming smartphone which will be even more affordable for the masses, with the nickname Xiaomi Red Rice being used as a reference at this point in time.
The Xiaomi Red Rice is touted to come with a 4.7” panel, and while it sounds rather weird, who knows, stranger things have happened in the past, and we could very well see the final product actually carry this name, too. The Xiaomi Red Rice’s 4.7” display will carry a resolution count of 720p, run on a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, is accompanied by 1GB RAM, 8GB of internal memory, has a 2-megapixel front facing camera, an 8-megapixel shooter at the back, dual-SIM dual-standby support, and a 2,000 mAh battery.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S4 Comes In Blue Now?
- 2014-04-03: MIUI Express Brings A Taste Of Xiaomi To Your Android Phone
- 2014-04-02: Xiaomi Shows Off Pressy Lookalike For A Fraction Of The Price
- 2014-03-31: Xiaomi Has Sold 11 Million Smartphones So Far This Year
- 2014-03-30: Xiaomi Redmi Note Sells 100,000 Units In 34 Minutes
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note