Just yesterday we reported that Sony had announced that developers will be able to unlock and install stock version of Android OS on the Xperia Tablet Z. The company did the same with Xperia Z smartphone, so it doesn’t come as a surprise that it is doing the same for its tablet, which is due to be released in the U.S. by the end of this month. CyanogenMod folks, known for their custom ROMs, have rolled out a test build and release candidate of CyanogenMod ROM 10.1 for unlocked Xperia Tablet Z.
As per the reports up till now, the release candidate of CyanogenMod ROM 10.1 for Xperia Tablet Z seems to be working fine, without any major bugs. The nightly builds of this ROM are expected to be arriving soon for developers waiting to get in on the action as well. Novice users who are not accustomed to flashing custom ROMs should keep in mind that it voids the warranty of your device, and flashing ROMs isn’t exactly an easy process for first timers. Before this particular CyanogenMod custom ROM can be installed, users will be required to unlock their Xperia Tablet Z units through Sony’s portal.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- Follow: CyanogenMod, XPERIA Tablet Z,