We have bought our Sony Xperia Z Tablet WiFi-only unit last week in Tokyo, and there is also a LTE version currently available in Japan, however, the US version that will be released at the end of this month will be WiFi only. The release in the US is right on schedule, since Sony officially announced the Sony Xperia Tablet Z availibility for Spring 2013.
The Wi-Fi version of this tablet has passed through FCC, now the one with LTE bands that are compatible with T-Mobile’s network has gone through as well. It is believed that this particular version will be headed to T-Mobile as the tablet lacks LTE Band 4 and Band 17 which are required for AT&T’s network.
T-Mobile’s LTE network is no where near in size to that of Verizon Wireless or AT&T, though its off to a good start. They initially rolled out their service to some seven markets in different parts of the country. The Sony Xperia Tablet Z has a 1.5GHz Qualcomm quadcore processor, a 10.1 inch display and an 8.1 megapixel back camera among many other things. T-Mobile is yet to make an official announcement regarding the Xperia Tablet Z on its network, though its quite possible that the announcement isn’t too far off.RELATED
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Follow: Sony, XPERIA Tablet Z,
- Seen at: tmonews