If you’re a regular YouTube viewer, you’ll know how difficult it is to stumble onto the next big viral video as there are just way too many videos to comb through on a regular basis. That’s why YouTube is taking the initiative to help make it easier for its users to know what is currently trending in their neck of the woods through its new Trends Map.
YouTube’s Trends Map uses regional metrics in order to populate the map of the U.S., which is the first map the service will roll out for now. The Trends Map can be tweaked in order to view what specific genders and age groups are enjoying these days on YouTube, although as of now, it looks like the trailer for the sixth season of HBO’s True Blood is dominating the charts in terms of the most shares, while the most views is currently going to a video of a water polo player who ends up being a sore loser. The new Trends Map is certainly a fun little tool that we could see using on a regular basis to see what has been deemed to be a viral hit in the U.S.
- 2014-04-08: YouTube Live Streaming Now Supported By Chromecast
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-06: YouTube On-Demand Music Streaming Service Delayed [Report]
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]