So Computex has come and gone, and we will have to wait for another year before the event comes around once again, if there is still an earth to look forward to at this time next year. You can never tell when the next asteroid is going to come smashing onto our planet, right? Having said that, Computex 2013 proved to be the platform where Acer revealed some of their roadmap for the year 2014, and it seems that the Taiwanese manufacturer intends to deliver hardware across a number of CPU platforms, including Qualcomm, MediaTek and Intel.
Apart from that, Acer intends to do more than just deliver Android-powered devices, as evident by the recent announcement of the Acer Iconia W3 8” Windows 8 tablet, and it seems that Acer too has plans to introduce a new Windows Phone device sometime in the first half of next year. Of course, there is still plenty of time between then and now, so playing the patience card is a good idea until more information is revealed.
Next Story: Google Rumored To Purchase Waze For $1.3 Billion
- 2014-04-22 Over 1 Million Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Installs Estimated
- 2014-04-18 WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17 Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16 Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15 Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2014-02-28 Acer Wants In On Windows Phone After OS Achieves 15% Europe Market Share
- 2013-06-14 Acer Remains Interested In Windows Phone, But Wants To See More Demand First
- 2012-03-30 Acer remains committmed to the Windows Phone platform
- 2011-12-23 Acer Allegro launches in France