We’ve seen Acer dabble in the Windows Phone market in the past, although it was more of the company dipping their toes rather than fully submerging themselves in it unlike Nokia. The question is will we be seeing more Acer Windows Phone devices in the future? Well the good news for those who wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of variety in the Windows Phone market, Acer has revealed that they would love to continue making Windows Phone devices, although they’re waiting for the platform is start catching on before they fully commit themselves to it.
This is according to Allen Burnes, Acer’s VP of smartphones for EMEA, who spoke to the folks at TechRadar in a brief interview. According to Burnes, “You’ll find everyone in our smartphone team would really like to deploy Windows OS, but in relation to where we are as a company we have to make our decisions in relation to what we think will sell out […]The way WP8 integrates in with the rest of the Windows ecosystem is phenomenal, so yes we are looking at Windows Phone 8, yes we do believe in it, it just doesn’t sell enough at this moment, otherwise we would deploy it this year.”
Considering that Windows Phone devices only make up a small portion of the market compared to iPhones and Android products, and based on what Acer had to say, we’re guessing it might be a while before we see Acer Windows Phone devices hit the market.
Next Story: ASUS Fonepad Review
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-22 Over 1 Million Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Installs Estimated
- 2014-04-18 WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17 Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16 Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2014-02-28 Acer Wants In On Windows Phone After OS Achieves 15% Europe Market Share
- 2013-06-09 Acer Could Have New Windows Phone Device In H1 2014
- 2012-03-30 Acer remains committmed to the Windows Phone platform
- 2011-12-23 Acer Allegro launches in France