We’re sure everyone has heard the rumors that Apple could be making a budget iPhone to help attract customers in emerging markets, and supposedly as one of the ways to cut cost, Apple could be turning to the use of plastic for this alleged budget device. Thanks to a series of leaked photos from various websites, images of the alleged plastic iPhone have surface. As you can see in the image above, it shows off a device with what appears to be a plastic back which is also connected to a Lightning connector, leading many to speculate that this could be the rumored device.
The second image shows off the back portion of the phone again, but oddly enough neither photo shows off any of the markings or logos typically found on the back of Apple’s iPhone devices. Of course the possibility of these being fakes are pretty high, but at the same time there is also the possibility that these could be prototype devices, thus the lack of markings or wordings. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys make of this? It does look too shabby if it were real, does it?
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display