Yesterday we reported that due to the kernel of the Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4 belonging to Samsung instead of Google, the Galaxy S4 might not be getting its updates from Google directly, unlike Nexus-branded devices. While that might sound like a bit of a disadvantage, especially since it could imply that there will be a small delay between the official release from Google and when Samsung will actually push the update out, would-be Google Edition Galaxy S4 owners might be pleased to learn that according to the folks at SamMobile, it seems that the phone will be updated to the latest version of Android, Android 4.3.
According to them, their insider has tipped them that Samsung is currently testing the build with its build number being that of JWR66N, and supposedly the update will be released in July which we guess is just a couple of days away. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but hopefully Samsung will be able to push out the latest build of Android to its Google Edition Galaxy S4 to prove that despite it not being an official Nexus device, it will still receive its updates promptly.
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2013-12-01: Android 4.3 Stability Update Rolling Out Across The Globe For Galaxy S4
- 2013-11-14: AT&T Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-09-26: Galaxy Gear's Basic Functions Already Compatible With Galaxy S4
- 2013-09-04: Android 4.3 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy S4 Coming This October
- 2013-06-28: Screenshots Of Android 4.3 On Google Edition Galaxy S4 Leaked