We heard rumors a couple of weeks ago that Apple will announce new 2013 MacBook Air lineup at WWDC 2013. Indeed it has, they’ve now announced an entirely new line of Macbook Air laptops. The new MacBook Air models are based on Intel’s Haswell processors, what this means is that they will offer amazing battery life, as well as 40% improved graphics over the predecessor. Apple says that the 11 inch MacBook Air will now tout 9 hours while the 13 inch will tout 12 hours of battery life. Impressive!
The new laptops are reportedly capable of supporting 10 hours of iTunes video playback. No changes have been made to the design, we didn’t expect them to any way, there weren’t any rumors regarding design changes.
The 128GB new 11 inch MacBook Air will retail for $999 and the 13 inch 128GB variant will carry a price tag of $1099. The new MacBook Air models start shipping from today.
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-23: 12-Inch MacBook Rumored Once Again
- 2014-03-12: Broken MacBook Pro Fixed By Being 'Cooked' In An Oven
- 2014-02-18: Apple Patent Suggests MacBooks With Touch Controls
- 2014-02-13: Apple Confirms Suppliers Do Not Use Conflict Minerals
- 2013-06-09: WWDC 2013 Announcements: Speculation And Rumor Roundup
- 2013-05-19: MacBook Air Supply Short Fall Rumored Prior To WWDC 2013