Earlier at WWDC, Apple took the wraps off their new Mac Pro model which featured a rather unique cylindrical shape. At that time Apple did not mention how much the computer would cost, but did state that they have plans to release it this fall, and it looks like Apple could be on schedule. According to reports, it seems that shipments of the current Mac Pro might have been halted, or at least started to wind down as resellers such as Amazon, B&H, J&R, and etc. are appearing to stock fewer units than before. With this in mind, it is possible that production of the current model could have been put on hold or halted while Apple focuses on producing more units of its latest Mac Pro. No release date for the new Mac Pro was given, apart from a vague fall timeframe, but we will definitely be keeping our eyes and ears peeled for a more specific release date. Anyone planning on picking up the new Mac Pro for themselves once it has been made available?
- 2014-04-01: 2013 Mac Pro Shipping Estimates Slip Yet Again
- 2014-03-26: OWC Announces 128GB Mac Pro RAM Modules For $2,130
- 2014-03-18: 128GB RAM Kit For The Mac Pro Will Cost Over $2,000
- 2014-03-17: Boot Camp For Mac Pro Will Only Support Windows 8 Or Higher
- 2014-02-27: Some Early Mac Pro Orders Delayed Until March