Today Apple seeded the second beta of iOS 7 to developers. The new beta firmware comes two weeks after iOS 7 beta 1 was seeded, the same day Apple unveiled this latest iOS platform update to the world at WWDC 2013. The first beta was only compatible with iPhone and iPod touch, it did not come with support for iPad or iPad mini. iOS 7 beta 2 finally brings support for the tablets, meaning that developers can now test and create apps for the tablets as well.
The second beta of iOS 7 comes with a host of bug fixes as well as performance improvements. It was reported by quite a few developers that iOS 7 beta 1 drained battery too quickly, that issue has presumably been fixed as well in the second update. Registered developers can now download the IPSW of this latest beta from Developers’ Portal. Those who already have iOS 7 beta 1 running on their devices will be able to download iOS 7 beta 2 over-the-air. Beta firmware is not meant for the public, Apple says that the public release of iOS 7 will take place this fall, possibly around the time it releases the next generation iPhone.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- Remote App For iOS Updated With iTunes Radio Support
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- Apple Expected To Sell 175 Million iPhones In Fiscal 2014
- Apple's Medical Experts Find Worker Death Wasn't Due To Working Conditions
- Follow: iOS 7,