The other day we reported that Beamdog had pulled Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition from the App Store, claiming that there were some legal issues that they had sort out first before the game was put back for sale. This also meant that development of Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition was put on hold, and with that being said, what about the possibility of Baldur’s Gate 3? Speaking in an interview with the folks over at Rock Paper Shotgun, they believed that they might be in legal hell for a while, suggesting that it might be a while before anything happens. The good news is that despite the legal complications, the team at Beamdog are still very interested in making Baldur’s Gate 3 happen, although Beamdog’s president, Trent Oster, claims that they are currently very demoralized. Personally I have enjoyed the Baldur’s Gate series and felt a little bummed that it ended at 2 and was really hoping to see part 3. What do you guys think? Will Beamdog be able to do the third sequel any justice?
Next Story: Alleged Huawei Honor 3 Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-01-16 Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Arrives On The iPad
- 2013-11-14 Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Pegged For 15th November Release
- 2013-10-03 Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Now Up For Pre-Order
- 2013-09-01 Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Back On Track, New Gameplay Trailer Released