The BlackBerry Q5 was spotted just yesterday, where it appeared over at the FCC with AT&T radios in tow, which might mean that the device is well on its way to a US release. First announced to the rest of the world in May, the BlackBerry Q5 is the third new smartphone for the year, where it will hit select markets worldwide from July onwards. For folks who are early adopters and want to be extremely sure that they would be able to wrap their fingers around an actual BlackBerry Q5 will be pleased to hear that said smartphone can now be pre-ordered in the UK.
Unlocked-mobiles is looking at a £349.98 price tag, and if you were to convert that amount, it would touch the region of $544 thereabouts – all for an unlocked BlackBerry Q5 with a mid-July shipping date. Needless to say, this is nearly 200 quid cheaper than an unlocked BlackBerry Q10, its superior device. Here’s a quick recap on the BlackBerry Q5’s specifications – it will come with a 720 x 720 resolution 3.1” display, carry a full QWERTY keyboard, running on a dual-core 1.2GHz processor, accompanied by 2GB RAM, a 5-megapixel camera at the back, 8GB of internal memory and a microSD memory card slot for expansion purposes.
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone