If you’re looking forward to the next big DSLR camera from Canon, it is possible that the camera manufacturer could be looking to announce a new product in the upcoming months. According to the folks at northlight-images, they are claiming that Canon has been inviting people from dealers to attend a “big” product launch which is expected to happen within the 6-8 week timeframe. Given the emphasis on “big”, we expect that this could be the next high-end DSLR from Canon, rather than an entry-level or mid-ranged announcement. Some are speculating that it could be the Canon EOS 3D, or whatever it will be called.
According to previous rumors, this alleged camera will sport a whopping 50MP+ image sensor which is supposedly the same sensor found in the EOS 7D MK II. The last we heard of the EOS 3D, it was rumored for an announcement in late 2013 so we guess this recent piece of news appears to corroborate it. As we said before, chances are if the device is real, it will not be named the EOS 3D, especially since the term 3D has other implications associated with it, unless of course shooting in 3D is one of the camera’s features. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but we’ll definitely keep our eyes peeled for more info.
- 2014-04-22 Canon Teases Announcement For 24th April
- 2014-04-17 All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07 Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11 Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk