It was just yesterday when we brought you news on how Sprint has decided to bring DISH Networks to court, in addition to Clearwire as well concerning DISH Networks’ potential acquisition of Clearwire in what Sprint deems to be an illegal move. Having said that, DISH Networks has issued a statement concerning the Sprint lawsuit as you can read verbatim below.
“Sprint’s lawsuit is a transparent attempt to divert attention from its failure to deal fairly with Clearwire’s shareholders, as well as to exploit its majority position to block Clearwire’s shareholders from receiving a fair price for their shares. DISH is confident that its superior offer, which has been unanimously recommended by the Clearwire Board, including the majority appointed by Sprint, will be upheld and Clearwire shareholders will be free to realize the 29 percent premium represented by the DISH offer.”
Who do you think will be able to come out tops with this lawsuit? We do hope that the entire situation will clear up sooner rather than later, so that consumers will be able to get on with the rest of their lives.
Next Story: Snapdragon 800 Benchmarks @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2013-06-17: Sprint Sues Dish Network And Clearwire
- 2013-04-19: Dish Claims Their Buyout Of Sprint Would Be Better For National Security
- 2013-04-16: Softbank Appears Unfazed By Dish's Counter Offer For Sprint
- 2013-04-15: Dish Reportedly Interested In Sprint As Well, Makes Counter-Offer Of Their Own
- 2013-03-29: Sprint And Softbank Promise Not To Use Chinese Equipment, Will Replace Huawei Products In Clearwire's Portfolio