Facebook has invited the press over to its Menlo Park headquarters in California on 20th June, where it will unveil a new product. The invite states that a “small team has been working on a bid idea,” which will finally be unveiled at the intimate press event later this week. The invite itself doesn’t offer any subtle details regarding this unreleased product, but rumor has it that Facebook might be gearing up to release a RSS reader of its own. The timing seems to be just about right, considering that one of the most widely used RSS readers is shutting down on 1st July, I’m obviously referring to Google Reader.
Only a couple of days ago we reported that code related to a purported Facebook RSS reader had been discovered, the code specifically and distinctly mentioned RSS. Facebook hasn’t said anything about it, but if a Google Reader alternative is on the cards, we’ll know for sure on 20th June. Quite a few alternatives for Google Reader have cropped up online since it was announced that this service was going to be shut down, will Facebook’s offering stand out of the pack? We’ll see.
- Netflix Tech Support Scam After Users' Login Credentials
- Teen's Facebook Update Cost Her Father $80,000
- U.S. Google Search Will Now Show Restaurant Menus In Results
- Copyright Protectors Targeting Billboard Top 100 Charts Downloaders With Automated Fines
- 146K Indiana University Students' Personal Data Exposed