As Feedly manages to touch the 12 million user mark, it decided to launch its very own Web version and ditch its reliance on Google Reader’s backend, in addition to a bunch of other new apps. Of course, this does not come across as a surprise, especially when you consider the kind of shock that rippled throughout the Internet when Google announced that their Google Reader service will be discontinued this coming July 1st.
RSS reader Feedly certainly wants to do their part to ensure that there is a sense of continuity for those of us who rely on RSS readers to get our job done. To touch the dozen million mark is quite an achievement, especially when you consider that in March alone, Feedly had a mere 4 million. The Web-only version of Feedly, being one of the top user-requested features, is now available so that a slew of other browsers will be able to access the service without having to install a specific app beforehand.RELATED
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- Chrome For Windows Gains Additional Password Security
- Google Santa Tracker App Announced
- Google Calendar Gets Smarter, Helps You Stay Up To Date
- 2 Million Passwords Compromised After Botnet Infection Spree
- Seen at: paidcontent.org