Do you think that the world of Tizen-powered smartphones will be able to make a positive impact in the market when it finally arrives in droves? Certain parties definitely think that way, where one analyst even went so far as to claim that Tizen could very well overtake Apple’s iOS in a matter of years. Sounds impossible at the moment, but stranger things have happened in the world of technology that we adhere to the secret mantra, “never say never”. Samsung themselves believe that the first Tizen powered smartphone would arrive sometime in the third quarter of the year, and here we are with a possible image of what the final device would be like – running on an Exynos 4 chipset with a 720p display.
Apparently, only a couple of chipsets seem to be supported at this point in time, and they are the Exynos 4212 and Exynos 4412, with the former being a revamped version of what can be found in the Samsung Galaxy S2, while the other is the Galaxy S3 chipset.
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-02-26: Samsung's New Exynos Chipsets Will Support QHD Displays
- 2014-02-24: 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Run Tizen
- 2014-02-13: Tizen OS Gains 15 More Partners