So you think that your spanking new HDTV that is sitting in your living room is the bee’s knees, and the rest of the neighborhood should kow-tow to you? Well, there is a new champion in town, thanks to the folks over at Foxconn with the 70” 4k2k LCD TV which was recently paraded over at Display Taiwan 2013, which happens to be a trade show of display technologies. These extremely high resolution TVs will arrive in a variety of sizes, and the entire slew of them are headed for Foxconn’s ODM (original design manufacturer) business.
The cream of the crop, however, would be the 70” 4k2k LCD TV that is tipped to ship not this year, but rather, in the second quarter of next year with a price tag of approximately $23,333 after conversion. We do expect to grab hold of a release date and price of the 70” Full HD LCD TV however at the end of this month,, where it is said to cost approximately $2,000 after conversion, and will be accompanied by a set top box, of course. 4k2k TVs have been announced for some time already, but they have yet to catch on in popularity, mainly due to pricing as well as the lack of infrastructure.
- 2014-02-24: BlackBerry Is Reportedly Bringing Back Trackpads
- 2014-02-17: Foxconn To Encourage Employee Startups
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-30: Foxconn-Made BlackBerry With OS 10.2 Certified
- 2014-01-26: First BlackBerry-Foxconn Handset To Debut At MWC 2014