In an investor’s meeting today, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that the company will start distributing Facebook Home through the Facebook for Android app in the future. Apart from being pre-installed on HTC First, Facebook Home is only supported by a handful of devices right now, these include HTC One, Galaxy S4 etc. The social’s networks ‘new Home on Android’ is available as a standalone app right now for these limited supported devices.
Basically Facebook will allow users to effectively toggle Home on and off from within the Facebook for Android app. Zuckerberg said that they’ve not really made their big push yet, and they will only do so once they feel that they’re ready. They’ll then start encouraging people to switch Home on from within the Facebook app for Android. Acknowledging that Home hasn’t performed as well as they might have hoped, Zuckerberg said that while Home is the first version of Facebook that they “really designed from the ground up to be a mobile product, there was no real way we were going to get everything right the first time.”
It has been reported quite a few times last month that Facebook Home’s popularity has been declining. HTC First’s launch in the UK was also indefinitely postponed, after AT&T slashed its prices to $0.99 on contract.Despite all of these hurdles, it seems like Facebook is not going to abandon the Home project soon. Lets see how they further develop their “people-centric” offering for Android devices.
Next Story: Verizon FiOS Mobile For Android Finally Released
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2013-06-27: Facebook Home Gets Folders In The App's Latest Android Beta
- 2013-06-06: Facebook Home Update Brings 'Favorites Tray' For Your Apps
- 2013-05-09: New Facebook Home Features Detailed Ahead Of Update Release
- 2013-04-29: HTC 608t Shows Up In China's Phone Database
- 2013-04-29: Android Design Head Praises Facebook Home's Attention To Design