The Samsung Galaxy S4 does support wireless charging, but the feature is not built in to the device itself, much like it is on the Nokia Lumia 920. Users actually have to purchase a couple of accessories which enable them to wirelessly charge their latest Android flagship from Samsung. The company listed wireless charging back and pad earlier this month on its website, the accessories weren’t in stock then, but they are now. Those who waited for these accessories to become available can now rejoice.
The wireless charging back cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 is only available in white right now and costs $39.99. This pad is essential becomes it contains the inductive coils that are required for receiving power for the charging pad. These back covers support Qi standard, so they support various Qi wireless charging pads, users don’t necessarily have to purchase the Samsung variant, which costs $49.99. The wireless charging back for black Galaxy S4 is still back-ordered, there’s no saying when it will finally be in stock. Both the cover and the pad can now be purchased directly from Samsung’s online store.
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-20 Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-02 Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10 T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24 Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2013-03-19 Samsung Galaxy S4 Will Support Qi Wireless Charging Standard
- 2013-03-15 Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories Hands-On Review