At the end of April this year, we did bring you word that an ambassador from the US pleaded with Australians to cease and desist of the piracy of the Game of Thrones series, but I guess those calls fell on deaf ears. Why do I say so? Well, here we are with word that with season 3 of Game of Thrones being over, the people at TorrentFreak has released their fair share of interesting statistics concerning the show. Apparently, the season finale in Game of Thrones season 3 is now the new champion where the swarm record is concerned, surpassing the one set by the season premiere as it clocked up 171,572 swarm members, which is nearly 10,000 more than the 163,088 of the season’s first episode.
Apart from that, Game of Throne is now officially the “most-pirated” show of the US “spring season” of TV, as it is also the most-shared episode, with the season opener itself being downloaded by 5.2 million people around the world. This stats point to a 25% increase compared to what we have seen last year, and even Big Bang Theory in second place still has plenty of catching up to do in comparison with a mere 2.9 million downloads.
Will season 4 of Game of Thrones break even more records?
Next Story: Harvard Comes Up With Robotic Bugs
- 2014-04-15: Game Of Thrones Torrents Break Piracy Record
- 2013-12-29: Most Pirated Show Of 2013 Was Game Of Thrones
- 2013-12-19: BitTorrent Chat Detailed, A Decentralized Messaging Service That's Big On Privacy
- 2013-11-18: Musician Moby Releases His Latest Album As A BitTorrent Bundle Download
- 2013-10-01: BitTorrent Chat Looks To Make Instant Messaging More Secure
- 2013-07-17: BitTorrent Sync Enters Beta Phase
- 2013-04-28: US Ambassador Hopes Australians Will Stop Game Of Thrones Piracy
- 2013-04-01: Game Of Thrones Season 3 Premiere Illegal Downloads Peak Over A Million
- 2013-02-11: Game of Thrones Season 3 Preview Describes The Nature Of Chaos