Earlier this February, we brought you word that GameStick pre-orders have been going up for $79 a pop, with the first orders tipped to ship sometime in April 2013. Having said that, April 2013 has already come and gone, and we are more than halfway through the year now without any further news on GameStick’s next proposed shipping date. At least, until now, as PlayJam recently announced that the first GameStick Android gaming devices will begin to ship this coming August.
Better late than never applies here I guess, and those who have placed their money to back the GameStick in their Kickstarter campaign will be able to receive theirs first before the rest of the world who preferred to stand back and watch things happen before taking the plunge. Just a quick refresher – the GameStick device comes across as a small stick which can be plugged into the HDMI port on a TV, so that you can enjoy an Android-based game on a far larger display in your living room as compared to even a 13.3” Android-powered tablet. There will also be an optional dock that increases the amount of connectivity by including USB ports, an Ethernet jack, and power.
- 2013-11-11: GameStick Release Date Pushed Back To November 15
- 2013-09-27: GameStick Hits The FCC At Last
- 2013-09-12: GameStick Release Delayed Yet Again To October 29
- 2013-08-29: GameStick Expected To Ship Out In September
- 2013-06-18: GameStick pushed back a month, first units should ship in August
- 2013-04-08: GameStick Kickstarter Units Delayed To June