The whole back and forth between Samsung and Apple has been going on for a while now, with both sides winning some battles, and losing some battles, although the victor of the patent war has yet to be determined. However it looks like Samsung could be soon losing another battle according to FOSS Patents’ Florian Mueller. According to Mueller, it seems that he was tipped by an “absolutely reliable and independent source” that the Dusseldorf Regional Court could be tentatively planning on making a ruling on the 8th of August in which they will find Samsung guilty of imitating the design of the iPhone and iPod.
The affected products are that of Samsung’s older Galaxy devices, such as the Galaxy S2 being one of them. Assuming this rumor pans out, it shouldn’t affect Samsung too greatly in the financial sense, especially since these are older products which are probably no longer in production. However as far as their reputation is concerned, this might leave a mark. Either way the courts have yet to make their decision so don’t take this as a definite just yet.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-08: Apple Seeks $2.2 Billion In Damages From Samsung
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press
- 2014-04-07: Leaked Document Reveals How Samsung Viewed Apple As An "Extremely Real" Threat
- 2014-04-06: White House Had Legal Talks With Samsung Over Recent Selfie
- 2014-04-04: Internal Email Reveals Apple's Sales Team's Worry About The Competition