Microsoft recently registered the domain for what we believe to be a new Halo game called Halo: Spartan Assault, and soon after the domain was discovered, the company announced Halo: Spartan Assault is a Halo title specifically built for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
Halo: Spartan Assault is a top-down action shooter developed by 343 Industries which brings the Halo universe to touch-based devices by giving players a pick-up-and-play experience both fans and newcomers could play. The title will be set between the events of Halo 3 and Halo 4 and will explore the first missions of the Spartan Ops program by playing as either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis, who are stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity, as they battle the Covenant forces.
In total, there will be 25 unique missions with online capabilities in the form of Leaderboards and Weekly Challenges so you could challenge your friends. Experience gained in Halo: Spartan Assault will also count towards experience earned for your Halo 4 Spartan, as well as additional integration with Halo 4 after launch.
Halo: Spartan Assault will be available for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 devices in July for $6.99.
Next Story: Alienware Teases Announcement For 11th June
- 2014-04-17: Maxpad Windows 8.1 PC-TV Launched
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-08: Microsoft Seeks To Flood China With Cheap Windows Tablets [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available For Download
- 2014-04-02: Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2013-12-10: Windows 8 Threshold Could Bring Back Full Start Menu Experience [Rumor]
- 2013-11-15: Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- 2013-10-17: Facebook Launches Official App For Windows 8.1
- 2013-08-28: Halo: Spartan Assault Expansion Adds Xbox 360 Controller Support, Five Missions