One edge that Samsung Galaxy S4 has over HTC One right now is that it ships with Android 4.2 pre-installed, whereas the HTC’s offering comes with Android 4.1 straight out the box. It was rumored last month that HTC One Android 4.2.2 update will be released in two or three weeks. Expected features of this update have been detailed online, offering a speculative insight about what this update may bring for millions of HTC One owners.
Battery percentage in status bar is one of the rumored features that HTC One Android 4.2.2 update is reportedly going to bring. Doing a long press on home button will make it work like a menu button, this feature is available in custom HTC One ROMs, apparently it will be there by default in the upcoming update. Minor changes to app drawer and dock are likely to be made, with the ability to remove all icons present on the dock, and that an app icon won’t disappear from drawer if its added to the dock. The Android Daydream feature is expected to be on board as well. Blinkfeed improvements are expected too, though there’s no information on what exactly has been improved, right now. Even if all of this sounds wonderful, do keep in mind that these details are unofficial and can’t be taken entirely at face value. [Images via Androidrevolution]
Next Story: New Mac Pro 2013 Unveil Expected At WWDC
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-12-08: Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-11-18: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Android 4.2.2 XXDMJ1 Update Being Rolled Out
- 2013-08-19: HTC One X Android 4.2.2 Update Rolling Out Across Europe
- 2013-08-08: Samsung Galaxy Grand Gets Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean As Final Update
- 2013-08-05: Android 4.2.2 For Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE And Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Released
- 2013-07-02: HTC One Android 4.2.2 Update Released In Taiwan
- 2013-06-30: Dual SIM HTC One Android 4.2.2 Update Released, Regular Version Still Waits
- 2013-05-20: HTC One Android 4.2.2 Update Expected Soon