The HTC One Android 4.2 official update has once again been confirmed by the company without a specific release time frame being provided. Earlier this month we reported that HTC Russia had confirmed availability of Android 4.2.2 for HTC One in mid-June, but the update itself is yet to drop. Recently Three UK, one of the carrier partners across the pond that offers HTC’s latest flagship, recently replied to a customer’s query on Twitter revealing that HTC had “just pulled” the 4.2.2 release. This indicates that a June launch of this update was definitely on the cards, with Engadget reporting that HTC has confirmed to them that the update is indeed coming soon, but customers might have to wait a bit longer.
HTC One ships with Android 4.1 pre-installed, whereas its main rival the Galaxy S4 ships with Android 4.2. Some features expected in the HTC One Android 4.2 official update have already been detailed, but the company itself hasn’t confirmed exactly what improvements this update will bring. Like everyone else, we’ll keep waiting patiently for this update, and will let you know as soon as it drops.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-03-26 HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23 HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-30 AT&T HTC One X Android 4.2 Update Released
- 2014-01-29 Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed