HTC One owners who have been patiently waiting for their Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update have been waiting for a long time, but HTC has confirmed numerous times the update is coming. When exactly it’ll begin rolling out is anyone’s guess at this point, but we’re hearing it may be released some time next month.
The launch date window was published on Australian carrier Telstra’s website, which said the HTC One on its network would be receiving Android 4.2.2 as early as July 22. The update will most likely be available for the unlocked version of the HTC One first before it’s pushed out to carrier’s with Telstra not even receiving the update from HTC yet as they need to further test it before it’s made available.
Unfortunately, there’s no official word as to when Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean will be made available on U.S. carriers, but today’s news may hint at what’s to come. Hopefully you HTC One owners will be able to enjoy what remains of your summer living the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean life.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29: Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15: Original HTC One Prototype Revealed
- 2013-12-20: HTC One Successor Rumored To Run Android 4.4.2 With Sense 6